Thursday 28 July 2011

The Shuttle has landed

Did you think I was talking about this one?

No, Nelson now has it's very own version! And here it is, 10, 9, 8, 7... you get the idea...



It's still a building site and you won't be able to touch it until 20th August.

Here it is with it's creator - David Palmer.


 
Look at the lovely glass, to represent the threads I believe. And can you see the footprints?


 
And here is the view of the top - must have been taken from the crane.

So, the piece seems to have divided people, a bit like marmite! Which by the way I love. So what do you think? I like it, and may even grow to love it, these things do take time, as Phil Collins aptly said. (Phil Collins and aptly in the same sentence, who'd have thunk it!).


Oh and a number of people think is has rusted already, but it hasn't it is meant to look like that - it's the same material as The Angel of The North, below...

Oh I love it so... It makes me feel inspired and protected as the same time, wonderful!


Ta Ta



Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment